Dogs are definitely man’s best friend for a good reason. Most of the time, dogs are loyal and sweet; people also represent them as intelligent animals due to their trained nature. Dogs are brilliant indeed, especially when they are appropriately taken care of with their needs and wants. Not only will they show their loyalty to you, but it will also significantly prolong their life.
Tips to Keep Your Dog Healthy
Like us humans, our canine buddies need constant health care, but how exactly can we provide what they need? Fortunately, you came to the right place; we’ll have a run-through with what you can do to maintain the healthy well-being of your trusted canine.
- Exercise: Giving your dogs their morning walks and fetch could help them be physically active and fit. I know fat dogs can look cute, but it also shows how unfit they are, especially if they sleep and lie down all day. If you don’t want to walk around the park, you can build a miniature obstacle course in the comfort of your home. As long as it fits in your backyard, then it’s good. Your dog can run around the course to keep him active and fit.
- Healthy Nutrition: If you are used to feeding your dog with anything you have, it might lead to obese illnesses. Again, it would help if you watched what your dog eats; it plays a vital role in their overall nutrition. I know it looks fine to feed them all the time, but dogs get unfit just as humans do. You must ensure that your dogs are well hydrated as well, especially during summertime. You can consult your local vet to get the proper nutrition your dog needs.
- Regular Checkups: With regular checkups, you can catch possible diseases your dog can contract. It will also help to get professional advice on what supplements and vitamins your dog can get. Overall, regular visits to the vet can help your dog significantly.
- Preventive Medication: Vaccination will be a precautionary medication to protect your dog from serious illnesses. Canine Parvovirus, Canine distemper, and Lyme Disease are some of the most known viruses your dog can get. But with proper knowledge of what to do and what to give, you can prevent your dog from contracting those deadly diseases.
- Grooming: Grooming doesn’t mean you have to go to a groomer and have your dog’s hair groomed. You can simply trim their nails, bathe them, and brush their teeth several times a week. Grooming means maintaining the cleanliness of your dog. Remember, if your dog is left dirty, it will become unhealthy and lead to other serious problems.
- Familiarize your dog: It’s your dog; you must know what they usually do daily. With that knowledge in mind, you can learn if they are doing things unusually. Like if they are energetic, then suddenly sleeping all day. Or they changed their eating habits. Small details could mean something big, so be wary of this.
- Affection: If you’re not affectionate with your dog, why even have one? Dogs are sweet and lovable. They would even reciprocate the affection you give them, so it’s only logical to show them the love they need. This point also helps them to be happier, thus leading to a healthier life.
- Proper Socialization: Exposing your dogs to proper early socialization can help prevent inappropriate aggressive behavior towards others, may it be people or other dogs. It’s critical, especially from their few weeks old to at least 16-18 weeks old, so it’s best to expose them properly to different people and animals.
- Pet Security: Dogs are intelligent, but they are not smart enough to know everything they need. So, as a fur parent, you must be there to guide and give them everything they need as they grow. Give them a collar with ID tags so people know who and where their owners live if they ever get lost. Making your home toxic proof is also part of their security. Dogs tend to munch down anything they see and smell, so you might want to remove or move it somewhere they won’t be able to reach it.
Be your Dogs Bestfriend
You can always trust your canine, but you must make sure that they can trust you as well. Remember that dogs have lived just like us humans; thus, they need all the care and affection you can provide them. You must not know everything before you can own a dog; as long as you know how to show love for anyone, that will give you the essential needs to take care and raise a dog.